Inspire and prepare children to succeed in a global and multilingual society.
To foster a solid linguistic and social emotional foundation through music, art, culture and traditions. Prepare children for success in school!
LA PLAZITA WAY
- A loving "familia" environment for children and their families
- Teach the Spanish language as a maternal or second language
- Engage parents to be active participants in their child's development
- Foster a lifestyle that promotes healthy habits including physical, mental and social wellbeing.
- Inspire children to create a positive community by fostering empathy and love.
- Prepare children for a successful transition into kindergarten.
- Promote creativity and most importantly, have lots of fun!
Working hard hulling our corn after a bountiful harvest.
What was the motivation behind starting the school?
When I was searching for a preschool to put my now eleven year old in, I found a Spanish Immersion program that was great on language but did not properly prepare my son for entering into Kindergarten. I was concerned with the lack of curriculum and focus in the school and realized there was a need to create a Spanish program that had a much more enriched core. We strive to develop a strong central curriculum that will help our children to succeed. We strive to have them be more than ready to enter into kindergarten with a great basis in language, culture and community! My daughter just completed her first year of kindergarten where she tested advanced in reading and writing in both English and Spanish.
TOur end of the year graduation play!